Is your roof in poor condition? If you’re reading this blog post you might be concerned about it’s condition. The information in this blog post will help you determine if you need to repair it or not.
- Your roof has green spots - Your roof should never be green unless that's the color you choose. If you see green spots on your roof, you’re most likely looking at mold or algae. Neither of those are good and are a sign that your roof is water damaged. If you see green spots on your roof call your roof repairman immediately, because water damage should not be neglected. If the damage is substantial, you may need to replace your roof. If it’s small, you may only need roof repair.
- Your roof has missing tiles or shingles - Your roof should never have missing tiles or shingles. That’s a sign that your roof may have structural damage. If you notice this, call your roof repair man to inspect your roof. Depending on the number of missing shingles or tiles, you may need to replace your roof.
- Your roof has curling shingles - Curling shingles are a clear sign that you need to replace your roof. That’s because shingles begin to curl when they’re deteriorating. Sooner or later, more shingles will begin to curl and your roof will be in very bad shape. Be ready to replace your roof.
- Your roof has bald spots - If you see bald spots on your roof, you’re well beyond roof repair. You most likely need to get your roof replaced.
- Your exterior paint is peeling - If you notice a fair amount of peeling paint on the exterior of your home, then your roof may be water damaged. Other signs of water damage include peeling wallpaper, and peeling interior paint.