The holiday season is upon us and that means you need to ready your home ready for family and friends, from both near and far. Now, your guests aren’t able to look at you plumbing the same way they can look at your holiday centerpiece. Nonetheless, that doesn’t give you a pass on preparing it for all of the visitors you’ll have. After all, if your plumbing doesn’t work, it doesn’t matter how well you decorated your home. Read the tips in this blog post to keep your plumbing working well throughout the entire holiday season. You never know at what point of your holiday dinner you'll need them.
How to Keep Your Sinks and Toilet Clog Free
- If you can keep your toilet and sinks clog free, you’ll be at an advantage during the holiday season. This is because plumbing repair services cost more during major holidays.
- Keep fat out of the drain: Do not pour cooking grease or oil down your kitchen drain under any circumstances.
- Always run water when using your garbage disposal: If you want your garbage disposal to work efficiently, remember to run water.
- Not everything belongs in your garbage disposal: You should keep starchy foods and chicken bones out your garbage disposal.
- Don’t use your toilet like a garbage can: You should really keep a garbage can in your bathroom, because you toilet should only be used for when nature calls. If you put anything else in your toilet, you’ll clog it.
- Clean your drains - Prep your drains for the holiday by pouring a cup of vinegar and a cup of baking soda down all of your sinks.
- Put a cover on it - Place a drain cover in your kitchen sink to catch food and a drain cover in your bathroom sink to catch hair. This will prevent a lot of clogs and save you time during the holidays. After all, who wants to deal with a clogged sink on Christmas Eve?